Student Body Association
The SBA exists to provide effective participation of students in college governance, to act for the students in matters involving the students’ interests, to help maintain a high quality of life on campus, and to work with the administration, 工作人员, and faculty to build and preserve a learning community. Through our branches of government, the Executive Board (Officers) and the Student Senate, the Millsaps Student Body Association provides the finest services to its students.
Student Body Association (SBA) Officers, 2023-2024
Amrit Kaur, SBA President
- Gives presentations and meets with the College’s Board of Trustees
- Chair of the SBA Executive Board
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested to represent SBA
- Serves as liaison between students and administrators
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Sewell, SBA Vice President
- Chair of the SBA Senate
- Oversees student traditions (e.g., IgNite, Eve of the Seventh season)
- Conduct elections for the student body
- Oversees all committees of the SBA Senate
- Contact: email@example.com
Raj Agrawal, SBA Treasurer
- Oversees the student organization fee allocation process.
- Responsible for managing all budgets of the SBA
- Works with the SBA advisor to establish yearly SBA budget
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Kennedy, SBA Secretary
- Oversees all internal operations of the SBA
- Manages the Millsaps Student Life Page on Instagram with the Office of Student Life
- Keeps minutes during all SBA meetings
- Schedules all SBA-related events
- Contact: email@example.com
Fran Edwards, SBA Director of Programming
- Oversees Millsaps College’s Programming and Activities Council (PAC)
- Selects PAC committee members each year
- Oversees the PAC budget for campus programming
- Schedules events such as concerts, school-sponsored parties, comedians, and other activities Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Umema Patanawala, SBA Director of Diversity Council
- Oversees Millsaps College’s Diversity Council
- Advises the Senate and Administration on all matters regarding diversity on campus
- Schedules programming that promotes understanding and unity within our diverse student body
- Contact: email@example.com
Ryan Upshaw, Assistant Dean for Student Life and SBA Advisor
- Meets with the SBA Executive Board and Senate on a regular basis
- Serves as a liaison to the SBA and student body regarding student issues
- Assists in the planning and execution of SBA/PAC events
- Manages and approves the SBA budget each year
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SBA is at its best only when we all get involved. Senate meetings are open to all students, Tuesdays at 7:30 PM located in Christian Center 122!
Our office is located on the third floor of the Student Center in the Student Activity Center.
Contact 投注大小赌搏软件下载-apple app store-百家科技-投注大小赌搏软件下载科技有限公司在 601.974.1203 or 电子邮件 投注大小赌搏软件下载-apple app store-百家科技-投注大小赌搏软件下载科技有限公司在 email@example.com. Be sure to follow us on Instagram @millsapsstudentlife to be updated with all campus-related activities!
Check out our Campus Activities Calendar on the firstname.lastname@example.org 电子邮件!
If you have any concerns about anything on campus, please correspond with your Senators, voice your opinions at our weekly meetings, or fill out this form so that we may quickly address any of your concerns.
Information on our Constitution/Bylaws or on the Millsaps College community may be found in Major Facts, the student handbook.
Funding allocation request form.
SBA Student Senate
The Student Senate exercises legislative power over those areas of collegiate activity that are the responsibility of students; it is the Legislature of Millsaps College, developing and sponsoring legislation for the betterment of the College. The Senate shall serve as spokesman for the Student Body Association on all matters of student concern.
The SBA is at its best only when we all get involved!! Senate meetings are open to all students, Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m., located in Christian Center 122!
Senators are elected at the beginning of the Fall semester. Senators serve for the duration of the school year; open seats are filled from appointments, by the President, and by a second election held in the second semester.
Senators represent the following constituencies: Freshman Class, Sophomore Class, Junior Class, and Senior Class.
Missing senate meeting: If you will be missing a senate meeting, please fill out this form.
Programs & Activities Council
A committee of students are chosen each fall to assist with development, facilitation and evaluation of PAC 事件. This includes coming up with event ideas, marketing and promotion of events and providing 工作人员ing support for events.
Student Conduct Council
The Millsaps Student Conduct System is not intended to mirror that of any court system. The policies and procedures used are not meant to resemble those in the criminal process. There is a fundamental difference in the nature of student discipline and that of criminal law. Student discipline is meant to maintain a positive living and learning environment. The process is designed to help students make positive choices for themselves, choosing self-responsibility instead of submitting to peer-pressure, and to challenge them to accept responsibility for any negative choices.
The Student Conduct Council exercises judicial power over those areas of collegiate activity that are the responsibility of students, including the power of sanctioning individuals; it is the Judicial branch of Millsaps College. The Student Conduct Council holds hearings and makes judgments towards the general policy of the Student Body Association; it has jurisdiction over student disciplinary cases.
Information on our Constitution/Bylaws may be found in Major Facts, the student handbook.
Student Body Association Bylaws and Constitution
Student and Organization Funding Allocation Procedures
If you would like to request money for travel expenses and organizational events, feel free to follow our simple Budgetary Guidelines:
1. The organization must be registered with the Office of Student Life in order to apply for funding. If it is not, 电子邮件 Ryan Upshaw. Disregard this if you are applying for student travel funds.
2. To request funds, Fill out this form. at least 14 business days prior to your event. No late requests will be accepted. Students will have to adjust the date of their event if the funding request is not submitted on time.
3. Once your form is received, you will meet with the SBA finance committee to discuss what exactly the requested funds will be used for (note that more detailed requests normally receive more money).
4. Then the finance committee will make a recommendation to the senate at the next SBA meeting and the senate will vote on the recommendation. You might be asked to come to senate in order to answer questions from the senators. It is important to note that not all funding requests are approved.
5. The organization’s leaders and the organization’s advisor will be notified of the amount given to the organization and instructions on how to access the funding.
6. If the organization needs more funding throughout the semester they can repeat steps 2-5. Additional funding requests are not guaranteed over the course of the year and are based on the SBA budget.
SBA reserves the right to use judgment and discretion when allocating funding.